Buffalo Mexican Lasagna
2 lbs. Ground buffalo
½ Red onion, diced
4 Green chilies, sliced
2 Tbsps chili powder
2 Tbsps ground cumin
2 Tbsps garlic, chopped
3 ½ Cups fat-free refried beans
12 White corn tortillas
1-16 oz. Jar chipotle enchilada sauce
1-16 oz. Jar fire roasted red enchilada sauce
4 Cups fat-free cheese
1 Cup fat-free sour cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 °F. Spray casserole dish with non-fat cooking spray.
2. In a large sauté pan begin browning ground buffalo.
3. Add in the onion, green chili, chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
4. Cook thoroughly and drain.
5. In the bottom of the casserole pan, lay out 6 tortillas evenly.
6. Spread the refried beans to cover and make layer 1. Cover with 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
7. Layer another 6 tortillas. Place the seasoned buffalo on top.
8. Cover with both jars of enchilada sauce.
9. Using a spoon, dollop sour cream over the dish and cover with the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
10. Bake at 350 °F for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Allow to set for 10 minutes and serve hot.