Chicken Sausage and Pepper Pasta
1 ½ lbs. Chicken sausages, sliced
2 Tbsps olive oil
2 Tbsps garlic, chopped
½ Red onion, julienned
1 Red bell pepper, julienned
1 Yellow bell pepper, julienned
5 Vine-ripe tomatoes, diced
2 Cups red wine
3 Tbsps italian seasoning
2 Tbsps sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsps cracked black pepper
1 Box Smart Taste rotini pasta
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and chicken sausage. Cook until sausage starts to brown.
2. Add onions, peppers, and tomatoes and bring to a high heat.
3. Deglaze pan with red wine.
4. Add italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and cover.
5. Cook for 45 minutes or until wine has reduced by half.
6. While sausage is cooking, in a stock pot, bring water to a boil. Cook pasta for 5 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Place on a serving platter.
7. Spoon sausage and peppers over pasta and serve immediately.
This recipe is a great healthy way to feed your family:
10.5 g fat; 340 calories (per serving) Plus this is high in proteins, fiber, and vitamins.