Sous Vide Salmon and Vegetables
4 Salmon Steaks
4 Tbsps whole grain mustard with garlic
4 Sprigs fresh dill
8 Slices lemon
2 Tbsps cracked black pepper
2 Yellow squash, sliced
2 Zucchini, sliced
2 Tbsps olive oil
2 Tbsps garlic, chopped
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
4 Food saver quart sized vacuum bags
1. Brush each salmon steak with 1 Tbsp of mustard. Season with cracked black pepper over the steaks evenly.
2. Place 2 slices of lemon and a sprig of fresh dill on each steak.
3. Place each salmon steak in one side of a food saver bag.
4. In a large bowl, toss the squash, zucchini, olive oil, and garlic.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide evenly into each bag with the salmon steaks.
7. Using a vacuum sealer, seal each bag.
8. At this point the bags can be cooked, refrigerated, or frozen.
1. Fill a large stock pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Place up to 4 bags in water.
3. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes from thawed state.
4. Open bag and serve immediately.
This recipe is a great healthy way to feed your family:
8.5 g fat; 111 calories; 10 mg cholesterol (per serving) The fat content is good fats, high in omega 3's.