By Nancy Stump
Yield: 2 x 6-8 serving Pies
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs with a mixer. Add in lemon juice and vanilla.
3. Slowly pour in buttermilk while mixing at medium speed.
4. Add flour and baking soda and mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Pour mixture in Pie Shells and place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400º F for 10-15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325º and bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm and golden brown. (Note: if crust starts to get too dark, cover edges with foil)
7. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve Chilled.
This goes well with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.