Braised Red Cabbage and Apples
by: Chef Michelle
yield: 8 servings
1. In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and stir well.
2. Add apples and cook over medium heat until onions and apples begin to caramelize.
3. Stir in half of the Red cabbage and allow to wilt in pan. Combine remaining cabbage and allow to wilt again.
4. Once cabbage is all wilted, stir in sugar and Cider Vinegar.
5. Cover and allow to cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
Serve hot as a side dish or allow to cool and substitute for any recipe that calls for sauerkraut.