By: Chef Emerald Coleman
1. Place cans of Sweetened Condensed milk in a large pot of water. Be sure cans are completely covered and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 3 hours making sure that cans are always covered with water.
2. While milk is cooking, prebake the pie shell to a golden brown state. About 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
3. After 3 hours of cooking, remove milk from water and allow to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
4. Next, open cans and pour into pie shell. Using a spatula make sure to spread caramel to edges of pie shell evenly.
5. Place pie in refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
6. Top with Cool Whip or whipped cream.