Pan Seared Scallops with Sauteed Spinach
By: Chef Emerald Coleman
1. Preheat 2 large sauté pans over medium high heat.
2. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of scallops.
3. Pour 3 Tbsp Olive oil in first pan and allow to heat. Place scallops in pan. If you don't hear a sizzle, pan is not hot enough.
4. While scallops are searing on first side, pour remaining Olive oil in second pan and allow to heat. Add carrots, and onions to pan.
5. When scallops have browned on first side, turn to second side using tongs.
6. After turning, put garlic and spinach in second pan with onions and carrots and stir to prevent sticking. Gently sauté, and divide spinach onto two plates.
7. Once scallops have browned on second side, remove from pan and divide to top spinach on the plates.