Contractor Shocked & Taken to Hospital - WSET.com - ABC13

Contractor Shocked & Taken to Hospital

Posted:

Lynchburg, VA - A viewer video shows the response after a man was shocked by power lines in Lynchburg Monday afternoon.

It happened on Memorial Avenue and Oakridge, and a neighbor got video of it right after it happened.

Witnesses on the scene say a contractor working nearby using a cherry picker was trying to get some balloons down for a child. That's when he was shocked by the power line.

"All day we had seen the fellow working on the steeple of the church," said Tim Thomas, who witnessed the accident. "It was a little after 2:30 I started to smell smoke. Like burning rubber. I looked outside the window and saw the tires on the crane truck were on fire. I looked up and saw there was a guy still up in the crane."

The Lynchburg Fire Department responded to the incident. They say this should serve as a very good lesson to all of us.

"It's a clear case that we all should stay clear of energized electrical equipment even if you are a contractor," said Battalion Chief Keith Johnson.

That contractor was taken to the hospital, and there no word on his condition.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.