House Damaged in Fire, Family Displaced - WSET.com - ABC13

House Damaged in Fire, Family Displaced

Posted:

Danville, VA - A fire broke out at a home in Danville Thursday morning, displacing a family.

Fire officials say it started in the back of the house at 219 Church Street shortly before 10 a.m. No one was in the home at the time.

Most of the damage was in the kitchen, although there was smoke damage throughout the house.

Fire officials say a faulty electrical extension cord was the cause.

The red cross is helping the displaced family. 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.