Danville, VA- The Danville fire department had their hands full Saturday, responding to three structure fires.
The first fire happened around 3:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Noble Avenue. Officials determined the cause of that fire to be faulty wiring. The occupants of the home used a garden hose to put the small fire out.
The second happened around 4 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Bridge Street at the Dan River Crossing Apartments. A fire in an apartment caused minor damage. Officials determined the cause to be discarded smoking materials that had been stuck inside a sofa.
There third fire was in the 200 block of Girard Street and was caused by unattended cooking. That one happened at around 7:30 p.m. The kitchen fire was put out with a water extinguisher and the stove was removed from the residence. Crews were on the scene for around 30 minutes. No one was injured in any of the fires.