Three Fires in Danville Saturday - WSET.com - ABC13

Three Fires in Danville Saturday

Posted:

Danville, VA- The Danville fire department had their hands full Saturday, responding to three structure fires.

The first fire happened around 3:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Noble Avenue. Officials determined the cause of that fire to be faulty wiring. The occupants of the home used a garden hose to put the small fire out.

The second happened around 4 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Bridge Street at the Dan River Crossing Apartments. A fire in an apartment caused minor damage. Officials determined the cause to be discarded smoking materials that had been stuck inside a sofa.

There third fire was in the 200 block of Girard Street and was caused by unattended cooking. That one happened at around 7:30 p.m. The kitchen fire was put out with a water extinguisher and the stove was removed from the residence. Crews were on the scene for around 30 minutes. No one was injured in any of the fires.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.