Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation at Apartment Complex - WSET.com - ABC13

Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation at Salem Apartment Complex

Posted:

Salem, VA - Officials say furnaces are to blame for a carbon monoxide leak that sent seven people to the hospital in Salem.

The Chestnut Manor Apartments were evacuated Sunday night after tests showed carbon monoxide levels were higher than 400 parts per million. Seven people were taken to the hospital for evaluation. We're told at levels as low as 35 parts per million, carbon monoxide can cause headaches and dizziness.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.