Grease Fire Destroys Home in Evington - WSET.com - ABC13
WEB SEARCH BY
Behind the Scenes
The Search for Alexis Murphy
U.S. & World News
Closings and Delays
Photo of the Day
Weather at the Bus Stop
Full Court Press
LU Sports Update
Sports to Go
Virginia Ten Miler
Cooking in the Heart of VA
Heroes from the Heart of Virginia
Pet of the Week
Follow Us on Twitter
Friend Us on Facebook
Mobile & Apps
Beauty & Style
History of WSET
Programming: ABC 13
Grease Fire Destroys Home in Evington
Friday, January 18, 2013 5:45 PM EST
By Sally Delta -
Evington, VA- A family is now without a home after their house caught fire Thursday night.
Firefighters were called to 144 Ridge Road just a little after 7:00 p.m. ABC-13 spoke with a neighbor who saw the flames and called it in.
She and a passerby feared that someone was in the home... and ran over to the house while it was on fire.
"He knocked on the door and said it's too much smoke for me, too much smoke for me I can't breathe so I just ran back here and called 911," said Lillian Jones, who witnessed the fire.
No one was inside at the time.
The Campbell County Fire Marshal believes a grease fire may have been the cause.
The Red Cross is helping the family with a hotel and groceries.
If you'd like to help that family, you can contact the Red Cross at 434-845-1234.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our
Terms of Service