UPDATE: Food Left on Stove to Blame for East Tulsa Apartment Fir - WSET.com - ABC13

UPDATE: Food Left on Stove to Blame for East Tulsa Apartment Fire

Posted: Updated:

Unattended cooking is being blamed for a fire that ripped through an East Tulsa Apartment complex, Tuesday Morning.

Firefighters were called to the complex just before 9 a.m. when firefighters were on their way to a store and noticed smoke coming from the Village East Apartments on East 23rd Street.

TFD and EMSA responded to the scene shortly after where they found four units involved heavily under fire. All four were destroyed.

An official at the scene told KTUL.com, crews worked to knock down the fire that left seven adults and four children without homes. No one was hurt in the blaze.

Stan May with the Tulsa Fire Department told KTUL.com, that it appears the fire was started by  food left cooking on a stove in one of the units.

The American Red Cross also announced that they will be providing assistance to those in need.

Stay with KTUL.com as we send a crew and receive updates.

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.