Fire in Roanoke Saturday Ruled Accidental - WSET.com - ABC13

Fire in Roanoke Saturday Ruled Accidental

Posted:

Roanoke, VA – A fire in Roanoke sent one person to the hospital Saturday Morning.

According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Spokesperson Tiffany Bradbury, crews got a call for a fire at 810 2nd Street, SW at 7:12 a.m. When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in the front of the building.

The fire was under control at 7:21 a.m.

Bradbury says the fire started when a flowerpot on the front porch was used as an ashtray.

The fire has been ruled as accidental.

There were six people in the building when the fire started. One was transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for smoke inhalation, Bradbury said.

Damage to the building is estimated at approximately $7500.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.