Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE Midland Center for the Arts
MIDLAND, Mich., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --MATRIX:MIDLAND at Midland Center for the Arts has announced the lineup for its 35th annual MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival, featuring world-class performers, musicians and professional speakers. This year's festival runs from May 29, through June 20. Tickets go on sale at noon on Monday, April 15, 2013. Information and ticket prices are available online at mcfta.org or by calling the Ticket Office at 800-523-7649.
Always an exhilarating and eclectic array of entertainment, this year's MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival includes: an aviation hero; music that defined a decade (the 60s!); insights learned through a miraculous medical recovery; the charms of a Tony® and GRAMMY® Award winner; a play space where kids take charge; and a hip and rollicking around-the-world concert. Plus, a special Summer Concert in July!
MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival 2013 – AT A GLANCE:
- Chesley B. (Sully) Sullenberger, III: "Making a Difference: Stories of Vision and Courage from America's Leaders" – One of the most captivating American heroes of this century explores what it takes to lead and inspire. (May 29)
- The Midtown Men – They took Broadway by storm in "Jersey Boys," and now they're together again in a one-of-a-kind concert experience celebrating the music that defined the 60s! (May 30)
- Dr. Eben Alexander: "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey to the Afterlife" – Hear about Dr. Alexander's own miraculous medical recovery, and how it influenced his belief in the existence of the soul after death. (June 5)
- An Evening with Audra McDonald – The Tony and GRAMMY Award winner and her trio will charm the audience with her trademark mix of show tunes and contemporary numbers. (June 8)
- Polyglot Theatre's "TANGLE" – Part visual arts installation, part playground, part dance party – and all chaos! TANGLE is a fun and interactive elastic-weaving event created by children and their families. (June 13 – 16)
- Pink Martini – Hip, sophisticated, quirky and totally fab, take a rollicking around-the-world musical adventure with this stylish 12-piece orchestra and vocalist: Pink Martini! (June 20)
- SUMMER CONCERT! Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell – An evening of fast-picking banjo playing and witty banter as Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers return to Midland! (July 26)
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PRESS KIT:
FULL DESCRIPTIONS AND HI-RES IMAGES
Midland Center for the Arts | 1801 W. St. Andrews Rd. | Midland, MI 48640 | (989) 631-5930 | mcfta.org
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.