Roanoke Home Catches Fire - - ABC13

Roanoke Home Catches Fire


Roanoke, VA - Roanoke fire officials say two people made it out of their home when it caught fire early Friday morning, likely because their smoke detector went off.

Firefighters rushed to the home on Clifton Street about 5:30 a.m. and saw smoke coming from the attic. The fire was under control about 20 minutes later.

Officials say the cause of the fire was an electrical problem. Damage is estimated at $16,000.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.