Relative of teenager killed in fatal crash asking for prayers - WSET.com - ABC13

Relative of teenager killed in fatal crash asking for prayers

Posted: Updated:
TyJuan Ard TyJuan Ard

The great aunt of a 14-year-old boy killed in a fatal accident Sunday is asking for strength and prayers as her family copes with the loss of a loved one.

TyJuan Ard died three days before his birthday in a single-vehicle accident off I-59 South at the 20th Street exit.

"He was so young with such a bright future ahead of him and loved so much by everybody," said Ard's great aunt Regina A. McWilliams.

Ard and his father were headed to church around 10:30 am when the vehicle they were traveling in overturned. Both the father and son were ejected from the vehicle. The son was pronounced dead on the scene.

"It's really indescribable," said McWilliams. "It's the worst pain you'll ever feel for a young child."

The accident is under investigation. McWilliams said funeral plans have not been made, yet.

  • Birmingham Area NewsMore>>

  • Concerns raised over qualifications of Birmingham City Schools Employees

    Concerns raised over qualifications of Birmingham City Schools Employees

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 6:49 PM EDT2014-09-16 22:49:04 GMT
    Some community and educational leaders are raising concerns Tuesday regarding the qualifications of administrators in the Birmingham City Schools System.
    Some community and educational leaders are raising concerns Tuesday regarding the qualifications of administrators in the Birmingham City Schools System.
  • Hoover to help fund Galleria flyover completion

    Hoover to help fund Galleria flyover completion

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 4:51 PM EDT2014-09-16 20:51:02 GMT
    Money is finally in place to complete the third and final phase of the Galleria flyover project. The Hoover city council has approved funds to help complete it. The city will pay up to one million dollars. The state is using federal money to cover 80 percent of the costs. Hoover will split the remaining 20 percent with Jefferson County.The project itself is expected to cost between seven and eight million dollars. It will extend Galleria Boulevard from Highway 150 to Old Montgomery Highway...
    Money is finally in place to complete the third and final phase of the Galleria flyover project. The Hoover city council has approved funds to help complete it. The city will pay up to one million dollars. The state is using federal money to cover 80 percent of the costs. Hoover will split the remaining 20 percent with Jefferson County.The project itself is expected to cost between seven and eight million dollars. It will extend Galleria Boulevard from Highway 150 to Old Montgomery Highway...
  • Murder trial underway; suspect faces multiple charges

    Murder trial underway; suspect faces multiple charges

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 1:47 PM EDT2014-09-16 17:47:13 GMT
    Major Pasley is accused of shooting and killing a man in front of the Birmingham Police Department's Central Headquarters on February 17, 2013.
    Major Pasley is accused of shooting and killing a man in front of the Birmingham Police Department's Central Headquarters on February 17, 2013.
  • Anniston - Gadsden Area NewsMore>>

  • Town Hall meeting on police and minority relations

    Town Hall meeting on police and minority relations

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 7:35 AM EDT2014-09-16 11:35:18 GMT
    In light of the events in Ferguson, Missouri community and police leaders will be participating in a town hall meeting.A number of people will be there from law enforcement to UAB professors. They will be discussing police and minority relations.
    In light of the events in Ferguson, Missouri community and police leaders will be participating in a town hall meeting.A number of people will be there from law enforcement to UAB professors. They will be discussing police and minority relations.
  • Anniston appoints new school board member; discusses school consolidation

    Anniston appoints new school board member; discusses school consolidation

    Monday, September 15 2014 9:13 PM EDT2014-09-16 01:13:45 GMT
    The Anniston City Council named a former mayor of Weaver as the city's newest board of education member. Ed Kimbrough will replace Donna Ross, who submitted a letter of resignation two weeks ago as she and her family move out of state. Kimbrough was one of three candidates interviewed by the council for the position, along with former Macon County board of education member Ernest Washington, and Andrew Hatley, who previously served on both the Anniston City Council and Board of Education.
    The Anniston City Council named a former mayor of Weaver as the city's newest board of education member. Ed Kimbrough will replace Donna Ross, who submitted a letter of resignation two weeks ago as she and her family move out of state. Kimbrough was one of three candidates interviewed by the council for the position, along with former Macon County board of education member Ernest Washington, and Andrew Hatley, who previously served on both the Anniston City Council and Board of Education.
  • Should law enforcement be able to use military equipment?

    Should law enforcement be able to use military equipment?

    Friday, September 12 2014 4:10 PM EDT2014-09-12 20:10:46 GMT
    Events in Ferguson, Missouri sparked a debate about law enforcement's use of military equipment. Local agencies say for them, it's about protection.  
    Events in Ferguson, Missouri sparked a debate about law enforcement's use of military equipment. Local agencies say for them, it's about protection.  
Most Popular
Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.