Click on the video player to see an interview with Virginia head coach Mike London recorded on Tuesday August 20th.
He discusses the following:
- OL Sean Cascarano and his injury
- where they are at in installing new schemes
- Taquan Mizzell "Smoke" - true frosh will play, describes how they'll work him
- goes through a list of true freshmen that are on the 2-deep that could see playing time this year
- UVa only has 8 seniors but do have guys with playing experience, could pick up new schemes possibly more quickly
- benefits of naming starting QB early in the preseason
- trying to find backups, will evaluate guys in August 21st scrimmage
- it's nice to know that a large number of the starters are set
- difficulty of this season's schedule, how he presented it to the team, how it affects recruiting in addition to the new facilities
- with new coaching hires, is part of his job easier now?
- talking about Malcolm Cook, a freshman safety
- Trent Corney is from Canada - how he's adjusting to college football in the U.S.
- progression through the preseason and accomplishing what you need to get done