Danville House Fire Contained to Kitchen Area - WSET.com - ABC13

Danville House Fire Contained to Kitchen Area

Posted:

Danville, VA – Unattended cooking is to blame for a house fire Monday, the Danville Fire Marshal's Office says.

Crews were dispatched to the 1300 block of Washington Street at 11:30 a.m. When they arrived, the fire department noticed heavy smoke coming from the front door and a fire in the kitchen.

The fire department says everyone made it out of the house safely, though one person was treated on the scene for a panic attack.

Damage was contained to the kitchen area with smoke damage throughout the rest of the house. Crews had to remove the cabinets over the range as well as part of the ceiling to make sure the fire was completely out.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with temporary lodging.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.