UPDATE: Bedford Co. House Fire Caused by Electrical Short - WSET.com - ABC13

UPDATE: Bedford Co. House Fire Caused by Electrical Short

Posted:

UPDATED: 4:30 p.m.

Bedford Co., VA - The Red Cross is helping an elderly couple following an early morning fire in Bedford County Wednesday.

The fire was reported at a home on Shingle Block Road.

Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff Pauley says the woman got up around 3 a.m. to use the bathroom and saw smoke.

Pauley says the fire was caused by an electrical short inside a wall and that attic insulation held down the fire.

Pauley now estimates damage at $40,000.

Pauley says it's not clear if the smoke detectors in the home were working.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.