Crews Busy with Christmas Night Fire - - ABC13

Crews Busy with Christmas Night Fire

Danville, VA - The Danville Fire Department had some work to do Christmas night.

Officials say they were called to the 100 block of Ida Street just before 8 Wednesday night.  They say smoke and flames were visible when they arrived.  It took crews over 2 hours to put the fire out.  

Officials say the cause of the fire was a disconnected pipe from a wood stove.  The home received moderate damage.  Six people were home at the time of the fire.  They all made it out safely.  The Red Cross is assisting them.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.