Danville Man Taken to UNC Burn Center - WSET.com - ABC13

Danville Man Taken to UNC Burn Center

Posted:

Danville, VA - Firefighters say a man has been taken to the University of North Carolina's Burn Center after escaping a heavy fire.

Officials were called to the 1100 block of Stokes Street just after midnight early Saturday morning.  There they found the man in the street suffering from severe burns and heavy flames coming from the house.  The man was treated by the Danville Life Saving Crew, transported to the Danville Regional Medical Center, and finally transported to the UNC Burn Center.  Officials say his condition is unknown at this time.

Fire officials say the fire started when the man tried to take a space heater out of the house.  They say it ignited, and the man used make-shift means to put the fire out, which caused him severe burns.  Officials learned the home was supposed to be vacant at the time.  

The Fire Marshal says he will release more details.  We will keep you updated with the latest as soon as we get it.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.