Danville, VA - The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire on Moffett Street early Friday morning.
To battle the blaze, the Danville Fire Department sent three fire engines, one ladder truck as well as three additional support vehicles.
The first arriving unit reported heavy fire and smoke from the front of the building.
According to officials, the fire was caused by combustibles too close to a portable heater. Two people were home when the fire broke out but they were able to escape without injury.
Fire department personnel remained on scene for about two hours and reported no injury in spite of the severe cold and freezing atmosphere.
The Red Cross was called to assist the three occupants with their immediate needs.