Bahama Mama Tortilla Soup
By: Chef Emerald Coleman
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken, grilled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Allspice, ground
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tbsp Ginger, fresh
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 to 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 White corn tortillas, cut into 1/4" strips and fried or baked
- Cilantro, for garnish
1. Prepare Chicken broth in large saucepan.
2. Add spices and Onion. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until Onion is soft.
3. Put 1/4 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese into each serving bowl.
4. Pour hot soup on top and garnish with Tortilla strips and Cilantro.