Items Too Close to Kerosene Heater Cause of Danville House Fire - WSET.com - ABC13

Items Too Close to Kerosene Heater Cause of Danville House Fire

Posted:

Danville,VA-- The Danville Fire Department said items too close to a kerosene heater was the cause of a fire Saturday night.

Crews were called out to a house fire on 654 Lee Street around 11 p.m. Saturday.

Crews said when they arrived first on the scene they saw heavy fire and smoke coming from the single story residential structure.

People gathered in front of the house told them of the possibility of someone still being inside the burning structure.

Crews  searched the home and no one was found inside.

The fire was confined to one room and the home ended up with moderate damage.

The Danville Fire Department said there were no injuries.

Crews remained on the scene for almost two hours.


Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.