By: Chef Emerald Coleman
1. Mix together masa, water and salt until a soft dough forms. Add in additional water if dough seems too dry. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes.
2. Make small balls out of dough and press each to about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Find a glass or other object with a smaller diameter than the dough patties. The idea is to press the object into the Sopes to flatten the center while creating a raised edge. Do this through parchment paper to prevent sticking.
4. Fry in a 1/4-inch of hot oil on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.