Roanoke Co. Home Damaged in Late Night Fire - WSET.com - ABC13

UPDATE: Roanoke Co. Home Damaged in Late Night Fire Caused By Space Heater

Posted:

Roanoke Co., VA - Four people have been displaced after a Roanoke County home caught fire Monday night.

Crews were called to the fire in the 8000 block of Plantation Road at 11:19 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from a one story home.

Firefighters were able to get control of the fire in about 30 minutes.  One room had heavy fire damage and there was smoke and water damage to the rest of the first floor.

The Roanoke County Fire Marshal has determined that an electric space heater caused the fire and an estimated $40,000 in damages.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.