Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
By: Chef Emerald Coleman
- 3 cups cooked Chicken, chopped
- 15 oz can Black beans, chopped
- 1 cup Jicama, peeled and chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Poblano pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh Chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Flour tortillas
- 2 ripe Avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
1. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
2. In a large bowl, stir together chicken and next 8 ingredients.
3. Add avocado dressing, stirring to combine.
4. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
May serve wrapped in tortillas, if desired.