Unattended Cooking Blamed For Early Morning Fire in Roanoke - WSET.com - ABC13

Unattended Cooking Blamed For Early Morning Fire in Roanoke

Posted:
Roanoke, VA – Firefighters had to rescue two cats during an early morning house fire in Roanoke Saturday.

According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Spokesperson Tiffany Bradbury, the call for the fire came in around 2:08 a.m. for a house fire in the 4300 Block of Shenandoah Avenue. The fire was under control at 2:30 a.m.

Firefighters found eight people outside, who led them to a fire in the kitchen.

The two cats that were rescued were sent to the emergency vet.

The Red Cross is helping the victims.

The cause of the fire is unattended cooking. Damage estimates are around $55,000.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.