Recipe from Markie Travis of Calif.
- 1 pound bay shrimp (tiny shrimp)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz., softened)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Toast points
- In a medium-size bowl, combine (until smooth) softened cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add bay shrimp, fresh dill, and chopped onion.
- Gently toss until just combined.
- Serve on shredded iceberg lettuce, garnish with a few toast points for spreading.
This recipe is also great for bay shrimp salad sandwiches, especially good on croissants with tomato and lettuce. Also delicious on pumpernickel rounds, for crowd-pleasing hors d'oeuvres.